10 Most Curious Questions About Jujutsu Kaisen!
Jujutsu Kaisen (Japanese: 呪術廻戦, lit. “Sorcery Fight”) is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Gege Akutami, serialized in Shueisha’s Weekly Shōnen Jump since March 2018. The story of Jujutsu Kaisen follows high school student Yuji Itadori as he joins a secret organization of sorcerers to kill a powerful Curse named Ryomen Sukuna, of whom Yuji becomes the host.
Currently, the anime and manga are still being released regularly. It has resonated with the anime fanatic community. As of February 2021, the Jujutsu Kaisen manga had over 30 million copies in circulation, including digital versions, making it one of the best-selling manga series of all time.
Today, we will answer the most concerned questions about this excellent series to know more about the story. Let’s dive right in!
Where can I read the Manga and the time release?
A: You can read the series on MangaPlus or VizMedia. The manga is released every Sunday, 04:00 PM UTC.
Jujutsu Kaisen Manga
Where can I watch the Anime and the time release?
A: You can watch the anime on Crunchyroll, VRV or HBOMax. Sub releases 06:45 PM UTC. Dub Releases 10:00 PM UTC.
Jujutsu Kaisen Anime
“Is this series good?” “Should I start this?”
A: You be the judge, not everything you see you will like so try figuring that on your own.
Jujutsu Kaisen OP
What is Volume 0? Will volume 0 be animated?
A: The prequel volume is a series of four chapters written by Gege before the creation of Jujutsu Kaisen. It features several characters from the main series. As of now, no one knows if this volume will be animated.
Jujutsu Kaisen Vol 0
Where should I start reading the Manga? From the beginning of Volume 0?
A: You can start reading it before Chapter 1 or Chapter 9 or after the Hidden Inventory arc (Chapter 64).
Are there any Light Novels for the series? If so, where can I read them?
A: Jujutsu Kaisen currently has 2 Light Novels as of now. The first novel is called Soaring Summer and Returning Autumn. The second novel is called Thorny Road To Dawn. They are currently not available in English.
It has 2 light novels
Can normal people be able to see Sukuna?
A: Yeah they can because he took over a vessel (Yuji).
Can someone explain this power system for the series?
A: Ok so basically the power that fuels all Jutsushiki techniques is called Juryoku, the commonly used term is cursed energy, and this flows through all Jujutsu sorcerers. Domain expansion is when you expand your Jutsushiki to make it like a pocket dimension that you’re more powerful in. With explaining the rules behind your technique makes your Jutsushiki even stronger both inside and outside of Domain expansion. Basically, you’re forming a contract with your opponent. The logic here is that because you’re helping out your opponent by teaching them how it works, the effect is stronger. On the other hand, if you don’t have cursed energy like Maki for example, you cannot see spirits. For situations like this, you would use cursed tools that purposely wields cursed energy within. You can use them to combat cursed spirits.
What is the ranking system?
The ranking system consists of grade 4-1, then lastly and most powerful, special grade.
- Grade 4 is the lowest of all ranks. If traditional weapons were used against curses. Grade 4 Cursed Spirits would be easy to work with a wooden bat.
- Grade 3 is the second-lowest level of the power scaling system. If traditional weapons were used against curses, a pistol should be enough to kill Grade 3 Cursed Spirits.
- Semi-Grade 2 is the first of two semi ranks. Semi-Grade 2 is close to Grade 2 in terms of strength but is not considered as high as the standard Grade 2 ranking.
- Grade 2 is the middle rank of the power scaling system and is considered the average level of Jujutsu Sorcerers. If traditional weapons were used against curses, using a shotgun would be cutting it close.
- Semi-Grade 1 is the second of the semi ranks. It should be noted that from this point on, the difference in power is far great between ranks than it was on previous levels. Semi-Grade 1 Jujutsu Sorcerer’s are considered to be stronger than Grade 2, but still a far cry from Grade 1.
- Grade 1 sorcerers are considered the upper class of Jujutsu Sorcerers and the standard for all sorcerers and the top brass fit. They are paid the most and relied on to take the toughest missions. If traditional weapons were used against curses, even a tank might be useless against a Grade 1 Cursed Spirit.
Can someone help explain Gojo power?
His technique, at least in the Viz scans, is called “Limitless”. Then he has multiple sub-techniques:
- Azure Glow – A powerful attraction technique that pulls objects towards a “center” that he determines. This is done by doing something referred to as “Curse Technique Lapse”, which seems to be based around reinforcing negative curse energy (negative is the default). This is occasionally referred to as “Limitless Blue”, or “Forward/Motion Limitless”. Early Viz calls it “Ao – Azure”.
- Red Glow – A very strong repulsion technique that uses a powerful blasting vacuum to send things flying. This is done by using Reversal Technique to generate Positive Cursed Energy, and then using that for Azure Glow, which “reverses” the technique and creates Red Glow. Occasionally the manga calls this “Limitless Red” or “Reversal Limitless”.
- Infinity – Gojo’s “infinity” is simply an invisible barrier that slows anything and everything approaching him to a stop, so nothing can reach him. When he was younger, he could only focus a certain set of targets at a time, and had to manually keep it active by choosing to flow Curse Energy through his body, but as of the present, his Infinity is active all the time. It’s occasionally referred to as “Neutral Limitless”, because he is not pushing out his curse energy nor is he reversing it. Infinity, much like other techniques, can be disabled inside of a Domain/Territory, so he can be attacked there.
- Purple – This is a disintegration technique which erases everything in a large area. This is, as you’d expect, created by combining “motion and reversal”. In other words, Gojo activates Red Glow and Azure Glow and combines them together. The combination of a positive-powered and a negative-powered technique is called “Hollow Technique”, and Purple is formed from it. Viz occasionally calls Purple “Hollow Purple”.
That’s all our Q&A about Jujutsu Kaisen series! Did you find your question here? If not, let we know in the comment below!
Don’t forget to check out our store to find Jujutsu Kaisen Merch at the best price and best quality!